Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day's Beginning

Lovely day today as usual. Yes, I know that it is very warm, but----it's Florida.
We have been home a week. My sweetie and I enjoyed days on end of cool weather with two blanket nights at the cottage. I soaked up every cool degree that I could knowing that the heat would be there when I arrived back home.
There are two bumps in the extra beds in the house. I drove to the half-way place last Friday and snatched our two grandaughters from our daughter. They are sleeping away this a.m., and I expect one of them will be up very soon. It is nice to have them here. One is almost 16 and the other grandaughter is 11. Both are funny and kind.
Today we will be working on our presents for our almost 1 year old grandson. The girls each have a project to work on. Maddie, oldest, is making a sock money, and Gabbie, is painting his name on small canvas blocks (3"x3"). Each block of canvas will have a letter on it. His Mother can put them on a dresser or hang them on the wall. I'm working on a cloth storybook. I also need to finish the crib blanket I started long ago. It is a counted cross-stitch project and has taken a few hundred hours at least. I'm almost done and want to embroider his name on it, wash it, and wrap it up. I'll start another one next month for my son and his wife's proposed 2nd child. The blankets take me a very long time and I would like to get a head start on this one.
We are so blessed. I hope your day is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment